For a limited time this position is eligible for up to $1500 sign on bonus!
Eligible candidates for the bonus will have greater than 2 years (24 months) of CNA work experience.
- Under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurses and according to defined policies and procedures, performs various service duties and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily living. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Participates in continuing education relative to role as defined.
- License/Certifications: Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by the State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry, having completed a six-week or equivalent course.
- Experience: N/A
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to follow oral or written instructions and complete standard forms.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors, and Maine Medical Center employees.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
*Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible for bonus; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.*
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine’s largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.