Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Anywhere, USA
Calico is looking for an outstanding and experienced systems administrator to join the team. The core focus of the role will be to design, build, and maintain applications and systems that enable Calico to continue its rapid growth, including the platform powering a new SaaS product line as well as internal applications. This role will also contribute to the processes, systems, and documentation needed to achieve SOC II Type 2 compliance. As such, this role is ideal for someone with deep IT knowledge who is looking to expand their career into infosec. This role will report to the VP of Technology.
- Own and administer internal-facing business applications and associated environments, including but not limited to: Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange, Intune/Autopilot, and Azure
- Own and administer machines and services running Windows Server 2016/2019 and Windows 10
- Administer Calico’s Azure network infrastructure
- Work with the team to identify, design, and implement information security and privacy controls as needed to achieve and maintain SOC II Type 2 compliance
- Monitor and effectively respond to security operational alerts for internal-facing applications and environments
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors, including Microsoft Solutions Providers
- Provide end-user support for managed user devices (Windows and mac OS)
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Generate internal and external documentation as relevant to the above
- Support us in launching a new cloud-hosted SaaS product line and iteratively build scalable infrastructure to support its growth
Qualities and Characteristics:
- The experience and confidence to own internal systems administration with support and supervision from engineering leadership
- Ability to effectively communicate at various levels, expressing work, ideas, and plans at both the conceptual/framework level and in high detail
- Advanced proficiency administering Microsoft 365: Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Conditional Access, Endpoint Security Manager/MDM configuration
- Experience with scripting (PowerShell) and automation tools, Microsoft Azure, and Intune
- Working knowledge of information security and privacy best practices
- Ability to propose, plan, and manage large IT-related projects, including the written and verbal communication skills necessary to present and communicate new ideas to varied audiences
- Proficient in troubleshooting and administering Apple devices, including configuring and administering Mobile Device Management solutions
- The ability and desire to engage in some internal end user support
- Bonus points for experience with: Jamf Pro, operations in a SOC II environment, Apple devices, and/or having managed direct reports
Calico offers competitive compensation and benefits including employee equity, bonus potential, insurance plans with employer cost sharing at 100% of employee and 50% of dependent costs, a 401k plan, paid holidays and an unlimited paid time off plan.
We are building a team of authentic, imaginative, self-starting professionals who can help us achieve our mission and contribute to a culture of transparency and trust. No matter the department or role, we are looking for team members who understand how to balance meeting customer needs with creating processes, systems and products that adapt to scale.
We are self-aware, accountable, and we’ve got grit. We thrive on clear, proactive, inclusive communication. We’re resourceful, strategic, and always evolving. And we care about the planet, each other, and ourselves. If you connect with these values, we are eager to hear from you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.