Byte Technology is on a mission to disrupt the vending space and replace candy bars with fresh, healthy food. Hundreds of companies use Byte Technology to sell their fresh food 100% unattended in a range of non-traditional locations – schools, workplaces, airports, universities, wineries and more. As the market leader in fresh vending, we’ve raised nearly $20M in venture capital and we have grown tremendously each year since launch. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Byte Technology is investing in exciting new product development.
Byte Technology is looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about full stack software development. This is a rare opportunity to build critical SW components of a product suite that combines Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Engineering into an exciting full end to end eCommerce platform in the unattended retail space. We are looking for a talented SW Engineering that can balance day to day tactical priorities while contributing to the strategic priorities of the company.
What you get to do:
- Be a true full stack developer working with a team that is developing a full end to end solution, and is becoming a one stop shop including hardware, software.
- Work with a cutting edge back end technology stack leveraging true cloud native micro service architecture running on Node.js using Typescript and other technologies as needed
- Ability to Build and Design cool Front end applications for our Dashboard using React, leveraging Next.js and GraphQL
- Support the existing platform with live customers and 100s of stores (support work is decreasing monthly as we migrate legacy systems)
- with all levels of the staff to design and implement new features, give product demonstrations, and support our customers
- Work with all levels of the staff: Mentor junior engineers, contribute to architecture discussions, and work with business and client stakeholders to design and plan future projects.
What you bring to the table:
- You have 5+ years of professional software development experience
- You thrive in a startup environment and are not afraid to wear many hats
- You can balance tactical vs strategic priorities
- You are comfortable with Agile processes and tools
- You have experience building distributed, client/server systems at large scale
- You have experience with cloud native architectures and have previously deployed enterprise applications on the cloud
- Python 3+ years (Required)
- Full Stack Development: 3 years (Required)
- Software development: 5 years (Required)
- Front end frameworks like react
- SQL, preferably Postgres
Nice to have Experience:
- Next JS or Typescript
- Docker , Docker Swarm
- AWS or GCloud
- eCommerce systems
- Android development
- CICD applications & Environments
- Working with off-shore teams
- Competitive compensation package, including equity options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield, Kaiser, Aetna and more; 80% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Open “take what you need” vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- 12 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 week fully paid paternity leave
- 401k plan
- Flexible in-office work for those who are located in SF Bay Area
- 40% subsidized Byte fridge full of fresh food, snacks, drinks for those workin on-site in the Bay Area
- Join a team that share our Byte Technology core values:
- Relentlessly serve the customer.
- No spectators.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Get the right stuff done.
- Care personally. Challenge directly.
- Disagree then commit.
- Be resourceful + flexible.
- No assholes.