Remote (UK only)
Competitive market rate salary, depending on experience.
Bookwhen is a flexible and affordable booking solution that’s used by thousands of customers worldwide. The businesses we work with range from yoga and fitness to alpaca walks and children’s activities. They all make our world a more colourful place and helping our customers turn their passion into a business is our biggest motivator. Our small team is made up of passionate and autonomous people with an entrepreneurial mindset. We’re a group of creative thinkers focused on quality, excellence and collaboration.
What you’ll be doing
You will focus on delivering high quality features and improvements to the system. You should feel comfortable developing across the full web stack with a strong understanding of good system architecture as well as an appreciation for the importance of frontend UX design.
We believe in encouraging autonomy and self-organisation. You’ll be making your own decisions and getting involved in areas beyond development, so there will always be plenty of opportunities to grow your skillset and be part of every aspect of the business.
Infrastructure: Kubernetes, GCP
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running. You will have already achieved great things, have a passion for development and love keeping up to date with and learning new technologies. You thrive when given a new challenge or project and naturally have a creative approach to problem solving. You’re able to think holistically and are product focused with an eye for detail and design. As a small team who work closely, we need someone who understands the importance of collaboration and enjoys teamwork.
- 2 + years commercial development experience in a start-up, SaaS or agency
- 3 + years experience with Ruby
- Self-motivated and can work autonomously
- Attention to detail, with a focus on code quality and testing
- Exposure to agile working practices
- Experience working with APIs
- Based in the UK
- Understanding of what makes a great user experience
- Experience with UI design
- Experience working in a remote team
- Interested in mentoring junior developers in the future
- Project management skills
What’s in it for you
Founded in Oxford, UK, we have always been a remote-first business, giving our team full flexibility in their location (within the UK). We aim to meet at least 4 times a year and have a strong emphasis on genuine work-life balance.
You’ll be part of a passionate team who go above and beyond to make Bookwhen a successful company and a product people love. We’re customer-centric with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers. With a clear and well-established product-market fit, we see huge opportunity to grow further. Your role will be integral to achieving our goals.
- Salary – market rate depending on experience
- Mac laptop and a second monitor
- Annual leave – 33 days per year (you decide if you wish to use your leave on bank holidays)
- Working fully remotely
- Pension scheme
- Budget for co-working spaces and office equipment
- Away days
- Budget for training and conferences
Our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion policy:
Bookwhen is proudly an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.