As a Digital Designer (Remote), you will be responsible for the Human Experience (HX) and UI design for a wide variety of digital products both internal and for a wide variety of client organisations, as a part of our award winning Human Experience (HX) team.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The Digital Designer is responsible for assisting in preparation of research for the Apolinar 5-Day Co-Design Sprint process, including product/best practices research, analysis and summary of quantitative research & analytics data, user journey mapping and defining of user personas. They will also attend and participate in Co-Design Workshops, both internal and with senior client stakeholders, create wireframes and interactive prototypes, utilising the principles of designing with data, and working with our chosen tools within our DesignOps process, and using all of the above, to design world-class responsive websites, web & native apps.
- Assisting in preparation of research for Co-Design Workshops, including product/best practices research, analysis and summary of quantitative research & analytics data, customer journey mapping and defining of user personas.
- Attending and participating in Strategy and Co-Design Workshops, both internal and with senior client stakeholders.
- Creating wireframes and interactive prototypes, utilising the principles of designing with data, and working with our chosen tools within our DesignOps process.
- Designing world-class responsive websites, web & native apps.
- Facilitating user testing with end users to get first hand feedback and insights on the designs.
- Drive innovative and groundbreaking Human Experiences (HX) or technology.
- Work with Product Owners and Developers to define/deliver product experiences.
- Maintain all DesignOps processes for assigned projects to the expected and agreed standards.
- Revise and iterate designs based on internal and client feedback.
- Work with the development team to implement the design into the final product and integrate closely with the development process.
- Meet with clients to take design briefs and present and explain design concepts.
- Working with our project management systems to ensure that they are kept up to date to assist the Project Lead with overall delivery planning.
- Provide input into improved processes regarding the DesignOps process.
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables including art direction.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE ROLE?
- Highly creative problem solver, able to carefully construct detailed design deliverables with proficient speed and exceptional quality.
- 2 years of digital design experience.
- An impressive portfolio of work that will ideally include websites, web applications, and native apps.
- Ability to design solutions that exceed our client’s expectations.
- You will have an understanding of the principles of Responsive Design, CSS, iOS and Android design principles
- Be familiar with Agile practices and processes. SAFe certification would be a plus.
- Keep up with design trends, latest thinking in usability research.
- Interest and drive to learn new skills.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Self motivated, must be able to work independently.
- Dynamic and creative thinker.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT WILL YOU BE VALUED FOR?
- Embracing our philosophy of creating a great Human Experience (HX) for the human beings of the digital products you will help create.
- A love of all things digital and a yearning to continually find and embrace new technologies that can be leveraged to provide compelling Human Experiences (HX) of technology.
- Delivery of world-class design.
- Winning the trust of the client and making their experience of working with us outstanding. We focus on long term relationships with our clients.
- Pushing back on requirements where appropriate, and recommending alternative ways that would produce a better outcome.
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to the projects you work on and everything you do.
- Critical thinking skills for time-sensitive problem solving.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Friendly and professional attitude, arrogance and egos are not tolerated at Apolinar.
- You will get to work on a wide variety of projects across different industries with a niche size talented team.
- This is a 100% remote role. However, if you are living in New Zealand or Australia, we have access to shared offices in Auckland, Wellington, Queenstown, Sydney and Brisbane. A combination of remote + office is what most of the team does. We aim to meet up in person where possible on a regular basis.