Advisor Websites, an award-winning tech company based out of Vancouver, is seeking to hire a remote UX Researcher. We are looking for someone who asks questions, understands the problem, and then ask as many times as required to understand clearly; someone that knows that “simple, intuitive, useful” are not just little words – they are well-thought-out intentional decisions.
In this role, you will conduct user research through various techniques that may include: usability testing, competitive analysis, journey mapping. you’ll develop customer insights, business, and customer requirements, and ensure the impact of our work is measured throughout the project. You’ll then effectively communicate your findings to varying audiences. Responsibilities also include creating and maintaining innovative and compelling interactive experiences which blend and balance function and content. Including leading design workshops and creating user task flows, conceptual and detailed, annotated wireframes & prototypes.
- BucketList Program: 1 day off and $$ to spend every year to knock items off your personal BucketList
- Wellness Days: In addition to vacation days, you have 8 additional days off you can use when you just need a break
- Education Fund: $500 per year to help you grow
- Health and Wellness Fund: To encourage you to look after yourself and live a healthy lifestyle
- Extended Medical and Dental: What you would expect from your employer
- Educational Sessions: We bring in professionals to teach the team something new
- Responsible for concepting and creating a usable and intuitive experience for a user who is using their product
- Identify opportunities and define requirements for qualitative consumer research, prototyping, and analytics tasks.
- Become the authority on our client’s business sector, and provide key information and perspective on its strategic direction concerning its industry.
- Plan, execute and coordinate pertinent research and analysis.
- Create “fit for purpose” mock-ups and prototypes
- Analyze and present the results to stakeholders and product teams.
- Perform competitive analysis, benchmark our platform against competitors, and consumer research and insight.
- Lead in the design and facilitation of qualitative consumer research (ie. usability testing, focus groups, field study), requirements gathering sessions and stakeholder interviews.
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, or a related field would be considered an asset
- 3+ years of related experience in qualitative research, quantitative research, or web analytics.
- 2 years of agency / consulting or SaaS experience.
- Experience developing prototypes and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex subject matter verbally and written.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the marketing research and sciences areas to establish and analyze complex research studies.
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented mindset.
- Detail and results orientation.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable in responsive web and mobile application design principles.
- Comfortable leading or learning to lead rapid design labs to quickly get ideas into sketch form
- Proficient user of digital prototyping tools such as Figma and Adobe XD.
- Portfolio of work including personas, user journey maps, organizing principles, site maps, product design and prototypes.
- A commitment to learning.