This is a 40 hour per week position.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Cancer Care Department manager and staff. Also greet and registers patients, answer phones, and take messages. This position serves as a receptionist and scheduler. Utilizes and maintains departmental computerized registration, scheduling, and patient records.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Minimum 1 years’ experience in a fast-paced office setting (preferably a medical setting).
- Fundamental skills in using PC with Windows Operating System (managing files, programs, shortcuts, logins; ability to use a keyboard and mouse).
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Skill in prioritizing workload for the department; dealing with the public in a professional manner; strength in organizing schedules and performing clerical functions, able to work as a team member within, the department and across hospital departments.