How To Develop A Brand Purpose
So, where do we start? This article provides three steps you can take to develop your unique brand purpose.
If you have an established brand purpose that needs to be updated, do a historical dive of the brand. Talk to the company founders, explore old photos, research why the company was started, and explore the historical timeline along with key initiatives and/or announcements along the way. Once you’ve compiled everything, see what common threads still hold true today and what needs to be updated.
Engage Leadership & Employees
One of the easiest ways to understand “why” you exist is to talk with your leadership team and employees. By engaging with them, you can find out why they are proud to work for your company/brand.
Your leadership team can provide greater insights into what purpose they want your brand to achieve. It’s critical for your leadership team to emotionally buy into your brand purpose so that they can live it with integrity throughout the organization.
The goal of your brand purpose is to radiate throughout your organization, being expressed by all who work there. As such, it’s key to get insights and feedback from employees across the company.
Questions To Ask
Here are some key questions to ask yourself to get at the “why” when developing your brand purpose:
- What motivated you to start your business or decide to make your dream a reality? What still motivates you today?
- Why does your company exist?
- What is unique about your business? What is your secret sauce that no one else has?
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- Why would your ideal customer choose your product/service?
- What are you exceptional at?
- What do you believe in—personally and professionally?
- What difference do you want to make?
- Where do we want to be a year from now? Five years? Ten years?
Good luck in developing your brand purpose beyond making money. Once you do, you will find your path to success.
From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web